Basic Fire Awareness Course
Maximum Numbers: 25
Duration: 1 ½ hours
To provide employees with the necessary basic understanding of fire and fire procedures to assist the organisation with its legal obligations. The course is designed to provide a very cost-effective way of training your staff with the minimum disruption to your work.
This course meets the minimum requirements under the Regulatory Reform Order (Fire safety) 2005, but organisations who wish to benefit from a greater understanding of fire and fire prevention, and training in the use of extinguishers on live fire, should consider the Fire Awareness course.
Who should attend:
All employees as part of their induction or continuation training. (Staff with specific duties in the event of fire should attend the Fire Warden course)
At the end of the course students will:
- Be aware of the dangers of fire
- Understand what to do in the event of a fire alarm
- Be able safely to evacuate the building
- Fire procedures in the workplace
- Responding to the fire alarm
- Responding to an outbreak of fire
- Practical use of fire extinguishers
All students receive a certificate of attendance