Basic Fire Awareness Course for Schools
Maximum Numbers: 25
Duration: 1 ½ hours
To provide staff with the necessary basic understanding of fire and fire procedures to assist the school with its legal obligations. The course is designed to provide a very cost effective way of training your staff with the minimum disruption to timetables.
To help staff to adopt measures to reduce the risk of an arson attack.
This course meets the minimum requirements under the Regulatory Reform Order (Fire Safety) 2006.
Who should attend:
All employees as part of their induction or continuation training.
At the end of the course students will:
- Be aware of the dangers of fire
- Understand what to do in the event of a fire alarm
- Be able safely to evacuate the building
- Fire procedures in the workplace
- Reducing the risk of arson
- Responding to the fire alarm
- Responding to an outbreak of fire
- Practical use of fire extinguishers